Spider web (Giocatela!) is a nice game of probability, suitable for a children’s audience, but fun for adults as well, and that allows you to challenge yourself by trying the best strategy. You are a prisoner in the center of the web, and to escape from the spiders you can use only one of the dice with colored faces. Since you only have to move by jumping from one colored circle (nodes) to another, being careful not to end up on the ones with spiders, which is the best die to escape?
How to play
Place the silhouette of the little girl in the center of the web, place the colored roundels in the nodes of the web, and at some of the colored nodes also place a little spider. A little girl, imprisoned in the center of the web, must find, with the least number of steps, the way out. To escape she can move by throwing, with each step, a die of her choice from those available. Each die has colored faces with two distinct colors in different combinations. The baby can move only on points connected to her position and of the color that came out in the roll of the chosen die, but it may happen that some outcomes of the roll do not allow movement or that there is, at a color, even a spider that makes you start over. The object of the game is to get the baby out of the spider web in the fewest number of steps. What is the best strategy? What is the die that increases the probability of escaping the web?
Winning is just a matter of probability, but you have to make the right choice! There are 8 nodes of each color. Count in how many colored nodes there are spiders that can eat you, the die that allows you to win is the one with the greatest number of faces of the color corresponding to the nodes where there are fewer spiders. And now change the combination of colors and spiders on the web, and challenge your friends to choose the best die to escape! You can also think the other way around and ask yourself what is the best combination of colored rounds to escape from the spider web, perhaps as the die varies.
How to build
EXHIBIT MATERIAL DIN VERSION
- vertical thin pallets 100×215 cm
- base pallet 100×60 cm for colored
dice throwing surface
- cardboard with red carpet throwing plane and plexiglass at the edges.
- n. 1 little die (5 cm side) with colored
- n. 1 little die (5 cm side) with colored faces (red, black)
- n. 1 little die (5 cm side) with colored faces (red, blue and green)
- titles panel cardboard 100×20 cm
- cardboard panel with printed
spider web and magnetic circles of 3
colors (red, blue and green). On the cardboard panel the explanation of the game “Spider web”
- magnetic silhouette of little girl
- various colored circles (red, blue and
green) made of magnetic material.
- small spiders made of magnetic material
CLICK AND DOWNLOAD PRINT-READY .PDF FILES:
- CARDBOARD PANEL 115×95 cm (ITA)
- CARDBOARD PANEL 115×95 cm (FRA)
- CARDBOARD PANEL 115×95 cm (DE)
- SPIDER WEB MAGNETIC PANEL 95×90 cm // to be printed on magnetic material
- SPIDERS // to be printed on magnetic material / 4 cm diameter
- LITTLE GIRL SILHOUTTE // to be printed on magnetic material
- COLORED ROUNDS // to be printed on magnetic materials / diameter of 4 cm